Learning and training are very important facets at HTSL. It’s a way of life. To be world-beaters and expand one’s horizons it is important for everyone to learn, train and stay tuned to the trends in their area of expertise. To achieve this goal, it is imperative to provide the right impetus and encouragement, for employees to acquire cutting-edge skills. HTSL encourages and offers financial assistance to all those who wish to pursue higher education and study courses that would add to their academic merits and also give them an edge at work.
The HTSL tie-ups with prestigious educational institutions like the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, BITS Pilani, IIMs, IITs, IISc, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Visvesvaraya Technological University and ICFAI among others offer all its employees the opportunity to pursue higher education at any time during their association with HTSL at a highly affordable cost. The company grants study leave for those desirous of taking up courses which require them to stay on campus for extended periods of time. In fact its ‘Sabbatical Program’ allows the employee the flexibility of spending time at the university campus. This gives the Honeywell employee to share and learn from the best minds in the academic and scientific community equipping himself/herself with added knowledge while at the same time helping them to improve their educational qualification by completing degrees such as MS, MTech, PhD, MBA, etc,.
"After more than 10 years of my education, when I got an opportunity to do the MS program sponsored by Honeywell, I was very happy. Honeywell has provided 75% funding for this MS program. What’s more, we could claim the remaining 25% under the Higher Education Reimbursement every year.
Having classes after 6 PM in the evenings and on Saturdays helped us attend them without having to compromise on our project deliverables. Interaction with professors and students used to be really great!
The Advanced Electronic Circuits subject was really helpful for me in doing Instrument Trade studies for the Honeywell engineering project that I was working on. What I studied as theory in the MS program, I could apply to my work. The program was quite beneficial to me."
Tech Lead, Aero Engineering Process, Business & Operations Excellence
"I am currently pursuing the Post Graduate Program in Software Enterprise Management (PGSEM) program from the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. I had always wanted to take up management studies from a reputed institution such as the IIM. Also with the objective of moving into a strategic management role/area of work I was advised by my supervisor during the appraisals that a general management degree would be a requirement. For taking up the GMAT examinations I had taken a leave of about a month and a half for preparation and this was granted in accordance to company policies, without any hitch. My domain lead, supervisor and colleagues were always supportive and encouraging me to take up higher studies.
As the course has some hours of course-work during a weekday, Honeywell has allowed me to take time off for this coursework too. It is a great experience and surely I see myself rising up the learning curve thanks to the support and a conducive policy within the precincts of a jovial and healthy atmosphere such as what exists within Honeywell Technology Solutions, Bangalore."
Tech Lead, General Aviation Products, Aerospace