Honeywell Spotlights Solutions That Increase Operational Knowledge for Industrial Automation Users at HUG EMEA
August 10, 2017
THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, Nov. 7, 2014 Honeywell ( NYSE: HON) Process Solutions will showcase a variety of solutions that increase operational knowledge for industrial manufacturers at its 26 th annual Honeywell User Group (HUG) for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). This year's event which will play host to more than 1,000 Honeywell technology users from major oil and gas, chemical, pulp and paper, and metals and mining companies will be held in The Hague, the Netherlands, from November 11-14. "We're on track to have one of our best attended Honeywell user events ever in the region," said Vimal Kapur, president of Honeywell Process Solutions. "This year attendees from across the process industries will experience new solutions that collectively increase the operational knowledge of those running automation systems, which translates into improved process safety, reliability, security and sustainability." HUG EMEA attendees will experience Honeywell's latest industrial automation technologies addressing issues such as cyber security, alarm and operations management, and remote operations. These solutions will be highlighted in a series of Honeywell- and customer-led sessions and technical discussions. Attendees will also hear details of new services designed to help customers ensure production goals are met by maximizing their automation investments and system performances. Solutions being demonstrated or unveiled at HUG EMEA this year include:
- SmartLine™ Guided Wave Radar Level Transmitter is the third offering in Honeywell's SmartLine industrial transmitter family. The device can measure the level and volume of liquids or solids inside processing tanks with spans of up to 250 feet for liquids and 160 feet for solids, the largest range available for level measurement in the tank storage industry
- Digital Suites for Oil and Gas is an innovative set of software and services that can help oil and gas producers boost production performance by three to five percent while improving operational safety. The production improvements, which have been validated through customer testing, are driven by a combination of better productivity, higher uptime and more efficient remote operations and can produce a return on investment in as little as six months
- LEAP™ is an automation project service designed to help manufacturers decrease the amount of time it takes to get their plants or projects up and running. Using proprietary hardware and software, virtualization and Honeywell's cloud engineering technologies, LEAP turns project execution workflow on its head, simplifying what has traditionally been a long and expensive process and enabling measurable time and cost savings so plants can focus on the end goal of getting up and running quickly
- Experion® Orion Console is a new interface for Experion Process Knowledge System (PKS) which increases operator effectiveness over a greater scope of responsibility. Large ultra-high definition screens allow flexible information layouts; advanced display technology integrates operating data directly into overview displays; and context-specific displays, advanced alarm management, and touchpad capability allow better at-a-glance status assessment. Combined with ergonomic design, this combination of technologies increases situational awareness and faster response to changing conditions
- Cyber security defense technologies are used in control rooms at industrial sites around the world. Over the past decade, the Honeywell Industrial Cyber Security group has delivered more than 500 industrial cyber security projects globally and has recently opened the Honeywell Industrial Cyber Security Lab near Atlanta, Georgia
- UniSim® Operations Suite R440 combines Honeywell's best-in-class operator training simulator with a new, comprehensive competency management tool that together deliver powerful, immediate customer benefits.
- Honeywell Enraf Fusion4 Portal is the essential enhancement to the Fusion4 family of additive, blending and loading controllers, allowing users to fully realise their built-in capabilities and giving users a single view and centralized control of all their Fusion4 devices, to take control and drive a more efficient, reliable and safe operation
- RTU2020 Remote Terminal Unit gives users perfect 20/20 vision' into realising the production potential of their distributed assets through efficient remote monitoring, diagnostic and asset management capabilities and provides an integrated solution that solves complex remote automation requirements for oil and gas fields
- Crepe Structure Measurement is a unique, non-contacting sensor that optimizes creping in real-time for improved production quality and efficiency in the tissue paper manufacturing process.
- Honeywell Enraf Small Volume Prover minimizes liquid metering uncertainty by providing the most accurate proving technology on the market today, compliant with the 0.02% repeatability requirement of the American Petroleum Institute.
- SmartLine STT650 DIN Rail Transmitter is the latest offering in Honeywell's SmartLine temperature transmitter family.
- Wireless Field Interface allows existing and new Honeywell Enraf equipment to connect to the Honeywell ISA100 wireless network, protecting investments and enabling sites to rapidly deploy and extend wireless gauging.
For more information about these and other new technologies and services being showcased at the Honeywell Users Group EMEA conference, please visit www.honeywellusersgroup.com . Honeywell Process Solutions ( www.honeywellprocess.com ) is a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas; refining; pulp and paper; industrial power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; biofuels; life sciences; and metals, minerals and mining industries. Process Solutions is part of Honeywell's Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group, which also includes UOP, a leading international supplier and licensor of process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, equipment, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, and gas processing industries.Honeywell ( www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.This release contains certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Ex perion and UniSim are ® registered trademarks, and LEAP and SmartLine are ™ trademarks of Honeywell International.