Honeywell and Intel Security Team to Secure Critical Infrastructure and Industrial Internet Of Things
June 30, 2015
Honeywell Process Solutions and Intel Security will collaborate to help bolster protection of critical industrial infrastructure and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Intel Security's McAfee® technologies will be integrated with Honeywell's Industrial Cyber Security Solutions, providing Honeywell customers with enhanced security software to protect their control systems from malware and misuse.
HPS is a leader in the industrial automation space, and its Industrial Cyber Security Solutions group has a dedicated global team of experts that provide products, services and technologies to help protect industrial automation and control systems against cyber threats. The collaboration between Intel Security and HPS will combine the latest advances in cyber security technology with Honeywell's unique industrial process domain knowledge to provide tailored security solutions for the industrial environment.
The benefits from the integration include:
- Tested, proven and validated protection from known and unknown malware threats against systems using Experion Process Knowledge System.
- Consistent protection for both connected and air-gapped systems with no additional need for signature updates.
- Change Policy Enforcement so that system changes are made according to authorized policy and process.
- Integrated management and analysis of cyber security risk using Honeywell Industrial Cyber Security Risk Manager.
- Ideal for isolated systems within industrial control systems, this solution is designed to work without having access to the Internet or any other network.
“The threat of cyber attacks on industrial and critical infrastructure targets is growing rapidly and our customers are demanding effective cyber security to assist them in protecting their assets and people. Working with Intel Security expands our capabilities to enhance the availability, reliability and safety of customers' industrial control systems and plant operations,” said Jeff Zindel, global business leader for Honeywell's Industrial Cyber Security Solutions group.