Honeywell Provides New Dassault Falcon 5X with Cockpit Technologies that Enhance Safety, Reduce Fuel Costs
June 03, 2015
Building on its long-standing relationship with Dassault, Honeywell Aerospace is supplying its advanced Primus Epic cockpit technologies to Dassault's newly unveiled Falcon 5X. Primus Epic's latest enhanced features have been customized for Dassault's EASy III cockpit. The new plane combines safety, performance and new capabilities while achieving the lowest fuel consumption in its category.
“Dassault wanted to create one of the most advanced and comfortable business jets available without compromising fuel economy, and Honeywell was at the center of that with our advanced, digital cockpit technologies,” said Brian Sill, President, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace. “We've been developing breakthrough technology with Dassault for more than a decade, and today's unveiling of the Falcon 5X builds on that proud legacy.”
Honeywell and Dassault developed the EASy III cockpit with the future in mind, giving pilots and operators advanced communication, vision and awareness features that simplify their job in the cockpit, including:
- SmartView Synthetic Vision System: SmartView significantly improves the flight crew's view outside the plane providing a large, 3-D color synthetic image of the outside world when pilots can't see due to weather or other conditions, enhancing safety and efficiency.
- Next Generation Flight Management System (NGFMS): The NGFMS will support the time- and fuel-saving approach procedures known as Required Navigation Performance Authorization Required, which allows a plane to fly a specific path to the runway while avoiding obstacles such as mountains.
- Graphical Datalink: This feature enables pilots to manage air traffic control communications with a point-and-click cursor rather than traditional text-based tabbing and typing.
- IntuVue RDR-4000 Weather Radar: IntuVue enhances safety with automated 3-D scanning, allowing pilots to make safer and more informed route decisions sooner and avoid hazardous weather.
- SmartTraffic TPA-100C TCAS: SmartTraffic is designed to incorporate Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast In for enhanced display of surrounding traffic in the air and on the ground.
- Integrated Navigation (INAV): Honeywell's INAV merges navigation and sensor data onto a single multilayer, high-resolution display so the pilot can efficiently monitor traffic, weather, terrain and geographic location without constantly switching views.