Latest cabin management and avionics upgrades, including new Epic 2.0, bring improved operational efficiency, connectivity and safety to operators
August 10, 2017
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 21, 2013 — Honeywell (NYSE: HON) is highlighting the operational benefits and momentum of its retrofit, modification and upgrade (RMU) technologies at the National Business Aircraft Association (NBAA) 2013. These upgrades include a range of Honeywell’s satellite communications (SATCOM) products, flight management systems (FMS), cabin management systems (CMS) and cockpit displays.“Operators are looking to extend the life and enhance the value of their aircraft and are turning to RMUs to do so,” said Rob Wilson, president of Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace. “At this year’s NBAA we are highlighting our cost-effective, easy-to-install and certified technologies that help our customers enhance the productivity of their fleets, meet evolving regulatory demands, and increase their aircraft’s resale value.” Cabin Retrofits and UpgradesToday’s passengers want to be just as connected onboard as they are in the office and at home to make the most of their travel time. The Ovation Select CMS lets them receive and respond to email, access the Internet, host videoconferences and make telephone calls. It features media content delivered in crisp surround-sound audio and vivid high-definition (HD) video.NBAA attendees can experience a fully functioning mock-up of the Ovation Select system, certified by the FAA and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), during the show at Honeywell’s booth # N4100. The CMS from Honeywell is scalable and customizable to retrofit any business jet, and is currently flying aboard more than 40 aircraft, most recently enhancing the Dassault Falcon 900, which will be available for viewing at the Honeywell static display.Honeywell has developed an upgrade modification that would allow a current operator with the “C” series CMS to upgrade its system to full HD video and audio, onboard music, Blu-ray, and PlayStation capability, dramatically enhancing the passenger experience. The modification will be offered through the Honeywell dealer network via a supplemental type certificate (STC). Primus Epic 2.0On the heels of its 10th anniversary, Honeywell’s Primus Epic is entering a new phase of cockpit innovation with a refreshed Epic 2.0 platform. With the upgraded flight deck, operators will benefit from Honeywell’s SmartView Synthetic Vision System, Honeywell’s IntuVue 3-D Weather Radar system, lateral approach with precision vertical (LPV) guidance, access to airspace with priority treatment from air traffic control, and enhanced navigation that includes Automatic Dependence Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) Out functionality. NBAA attendees will be able to experience a mock-up unit of the Primus Epic flight deck during the show at Honeywell’s booth.The upgraded flight deck will also feature a new Data LAN Management Unit – Wireless (DLMU-W) database loader. The technology will increase cockpit connectivity for pilots and overall operational efficiency by making aircraft data more accessible for pilots and maintenance personnel. The DLMU-W will reduce database upload times up to 80 percent, allow for seamless transfer of downloaded material to tablets via apps and let pilots wirelessly transmit tablet-created flight plans into the Primus Epic system. Other Avionics Retrofits and UpgradesAs well as cabin retrofits and upgrades, Honeywell is announcing and showcasing several other avionics upgrades at NBAA, including the following:
- A Honeywell Primus 2000 cockpit upgrade will be available for Dassault Falcon 900C/EX aircraft. The new Falcon Elite II upgrade includes the Honeywell Primus Elite displays with FMS 6.1 and Wide Area Augmentation System GPS. Future upgrades will also include a Mark III Communications Management Unit that will greatly improve the efficiency of communications between controllers and pilots by giving them a Future Air Navigation System and controller pilot data link communications capabilities.
- A new range of upgrades for the Embraer Legacy 600 will improve navigation, situational awareness, connectivity and safety. Upgrades include Honeywell Primus Elite displays that feature charts and maps, FMS 6.1 for LPV approaches, and SmartLanding and SmartRunway safety enhancements. These upgrades can be seen at the Honeywell booth or at the Embraer static display #105.
- The next version of Honeywell’s cockpit display system/retrofit (CDS/R) software recently received technical standard orders. The cockpit display upgrade for aircraft features an intuitive display that increases situational awareness, increases reliability and reduces cost of ownership of an aircraft by removing cathode-ray tube monitors. Honeywell’s CDS/R can also be configured or scaled based on the aircraft’s current configuration. The technology is certified for use on the Hawker 800, and Honeywell channel partner Elliott Aviation will have a CDS/R demo available at its booth # C8143.
- Honeywell Primus Elite cockpit displays have been certified on the Gulfstream GIV/V, Embraer Legacy 600, Bombardier Global Express, Global 5000 and Global Express XRS, Dassault Falcon 900 and Cessna Citation X platforms. The new LCD displays bring additional functionality such as charts, maps and XM graphical weather, while enhancing aircraft value, reducing weight and increasing reliability.
Honeywell is showcasing its complete line of business aviation offerings at NBAA 2013 in Las Vegas, Oct. 22–24, at booth # N4100. Supporting Resources
- About Honeywell’s Business Aviation products and services
- About Honeywell’s Ovation Select Cabin Management System
- About Honeywell’s Primus Epic and Primus Elite
- About NBAA 2013
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Visit Honeywell Facebook
- Subscribe to Honeywell’s Corporate RSS feed
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_aero on Twitter.Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.