OnRAMP leverages Honeywell’s expertise in advanced control to offer:
• Plant modeling accomplished by specifying the basic engine layout from a component library then automatically fitting over the entire operating space of the engine • Multivariable model predictive controllers respecting engine constraints while being robust to model uncertainty due to production variability and engine ageing • Controllers designed to fit into a low memory footprint • ECU code whose structure does not change when the control is reconfigured for different engines.
OnRAMP Design and Calibration Suites are divided into a series of phases:
1. Model Design and Model Configuration The user creates a physics-based engine model in Simulink by selecting pre-defined components from the library.
2. Design of Experiment and Model Identification The model parameters are identified from plant data. Design of experiment data is generated by the tool. It covers both steady-state and transient modes. A simple process supports model parameter identification in 3 stages:
3. Control Problem Specification The user creates a physics-based engine model in Simulink by selecting pre-defined components from the library.
4. Controller Design and Simulation The controller includes both feedforward and feedback parts. The feedforward term is derived based on an inversion of the nonlinear model. The local linear dynamic models are used to design the multivariable’s feedback controller. The controller is then simulated against the identified nonlinear model.
5. Controller Deployment The controller can be deployed as either MISRA compliant C-code or as a Simulink S-function. The hand written C-code remains the same for all controller configurations – all that changes is the parameterized data. 6. Controller Implementation (RPS or ECU) Both rapid prototyping system and direct implementation onto the ECU are supported.
7. Controller Tuning Controller tuning on the target platform is supported for on engine or in vehicle operation.
Experience the Entire Transportation Systems Portfolio