- Fruits Shipped Faster and Fresher
Fruits Shipped Faster and Fresher
Our citrus warehouse automation project has been honored with supply chain industry award
July 4, 2017
Those stacks of limes, lemons and oranges at the grocery store have never been fresher. A citrus distribution firm needed to enhance its operations to better serve its global customers, so it turned to Honeywell's Intelligrated business. The resulting project, which involved improving the way the products were sorted and shipped, was honored by Supply & Demand Chain Executive on the magazine's annual list of 100 great supply chain projects.
Our automated system sorts products and builds shipping pallets for Bee Sweet Citrus, a leading independent packer and shipper of California citrus that serves a global market that stretches from Europe to Australia. Intelligrated provided Bee Sweet Citrus with a comprehensive automated palletizing solution with the flexibility to handle the wide range of packaging, pallets and layer patterns required to serve a variety of citrus brands around the world.
- Handles 95 percent of Bee Sweet’s citrus varieties
- Runs 27 different stacking patterns and complicated pallet configurations
- Improves Bee Sweet’s labor requirements by 80 percent
- Decreases congested forklift traffic for better overall efficiency and workplace safety