Honeywell is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Plains, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London and Chicago Stock Exchanges.
Honeywell’s products and systems have been distributed and installed in Indonesia since 1974. In 1992, Honeywell established our Indonesian representative office, which maintains a network of local distribution companies. Today, three of Honeywell’s businesses, Automation and Control Solutions, Aerospace, and Performance Materials and Technologies, employ over 1,200 employees in cities across the country, including Jakarta, Surabaya, Batam and Bintan.
Honeywell’s corporate social responsibility initiative, Honeywell Hometown Solutions, is an award-winning organization that focuses on five areas of vital importance to communities around the world: Science & Math Education, Family Safety & Security, Housing & Shelter, Habitat & Conservation, and Humanitarian Relief. Together with leading public and non-profit institutions, Honeywell has developed powerful programs to address these needs in the communities it serves.
Performance Materials and Technologies
- Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) is a global leader in developing advanced materials, process technologies and automation solutions. PMT’s Advanced Materials businesses manufacture a wide variety of high-performance products, including environmentally friendlier refrigerants and materials used to manufacture end products such as bullet-resistant armor, nylon, computer chips and pharmaceutical packaging. Process technologies developed by PMT’s UOP business form the foundation for most of the world’s refiners, efficiently producing gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, petrochemicals and renewable fuels. PMT’s Process Solutions business is a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, industrial power generation, chemicals and petrochemicals, biofuels, life sciences, and metals, minerals and mining industries.
- UOP’s technology has been used extensively in Indonesia since the mid-1940s. Currently, over 90 percent of the gasoline and diesel fuel produced within Indonesia is manufactured using UOP technology. Similarly, our technologies play a key role in the Indonesian petrochemicals industry for production of critical chemicals such as ethylene, propylene, and paraxylene. In fact, 100 percent of Indonesia’s domestic paraxylene production capacity is enabled by UOP technology.
- Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide.
- In Indonesia, Honeywell’s aerospace technologies, such as IntuVue Weather Radar, TPE 331 engine and Bendix/King avionics, have been adopted by various civil, business aviation and military customers including Garuda, Lion Air, Indonesian Aerospace and the Indonesian Military (TNI). We have been a partner of choice for the indigenous aircraft manufacturer Indonesian Aerospace (PTDI) with our TPE 331 engine and avionics being a standard fit on multiple aircraft manufactured in the country. Business jet operators in Indonesia have consistently selected Honeywell avionics such as Radars, Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) and Traffic Collision Alerting Systems (TCAS) for safety upgrades, while Honeywell technologies, including satellite communications (Satcom) systems, have been helping improve productivity and connectivity in the sky.
- Honeywell also has an in-country avionics dealer in Jakarta and a TPE 331 heavy service centre in Bandung— the only one of its kind in South East Asia.
- Honeywell Aerospace Bintan manufacturing facility opened in October 2005 and employs more than 200 employees. The Bintan site produces avionics and information systems for business jets and helicopters for general aviation, and also provides Honeywell’s high-value avionic products including EGPWS and Flight Data Management System to commercial airlines. Honeywell Bintan facility is certified in Aerospace Standard AS9100.
- For automobile transport, Honeywell Transportation Systems (TS) is an industry leader developing technologies and innovations in turbocharging as well as braking materials. Honeywell Turbo Technologies is a leading automotive turbocharger supplier providing technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world. Honeywell turbo launches an average of 100 turbo applications a year and has nearly 500 in its development pipeline enabling fuel-saving and emission-reducing downsized turbocharged engines for passenger vehicles (gasoline, diesel, CNG, and hybrid), medium- and heavy-duty trucks, and off-highway, heavy-duty equipment. Honeywell supplies to original equipment manufacturers as well as the global automotive aftermarket.
- Recently, Honeywell Indonesia together with Directorate General of Railway develop a new Railway Level Crossing Safety Detection and Warning System, a system that using Honeywell’s Radar Scanners that is the same advance technology capabilities used in the commercial and military aircraft platform
Automation and Control Solutions
- Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions (ACS) offers a complete portfolio of innovative connected solutions and services that help to create safer, more comfortable, secure and productive homes, buildings and workers. ACS’ five strategic businesses manufacture and deliver products and services to consumers, businesses and industries across the globe. They include Environmental and Energy Solutions (E&ES), Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS), Honeywell Security & Fire (HSF), Honeywell Industrial Safety (HIS), Honeywell Sensing and Productivity Solutions (S&PS). Its products, services and solutions help protect, control and automate 150 million homes, 10 million buildings, and thousands of manufacturing and industrial plants around the world.
- Honeywell has been recognized as a leading supplier of advanced control technologies to Indonesia’s refining, petrochemical, pulp & paper, chemical and other industries, as well as to major commercial buildings. We provide technologies and services to various major projects in the country.
- In 2011, Honeywell acquired King’s Safetywear Limited (“KSW”), a leading international manufacturer of industrial safety footwear established in 1965, further expanding Honeywell safety products’ portfolio and enhancing Honeywell’s leadership in safety footwear. The manufacturing facility in Indonesia has more than 1,000 employees and is dedicated to producing high-quality safety footwear including PU (Poly Urethane), PU/TPU (Poly Urethane/Thermo Plastic Poly Urethane) and rubber outsole safety shoes which are certified to be consistent with both national and international safety standards.
Honeywell Hometown Solutions
- Following the Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, Honeywell Hometown Solutions contributed $500,000 to Habitat for Humanity to construct 375 homes in India and 125 homes in Indonesia.
- Honeywell launched a Science Kits program in 2014 to help more than 1200 local students learn about science and technology through a partnership with local schools in Batam and Bintan in Riau Islands province. Under the program, four schools received science kits supporting the national curriculum which allow students to experience science and technology concepts in an innovative way.
- As of 2015, 16 Indonesian middle school teachers have received scholarships to attend the Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy program at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. With a focus on science, technology, engineering and math, training included simulated astronaut-style exercises, laboratory and professional development, and space exploration.
- As of 2015, one high school students from Indonesia have participated in the Honeywell Leadership Challenge Academy program at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. This program is to encourage high school students from around the world to pursue STEM-related careers and learn about global STEM opportunities for their future.
Aerospace & Defense
Safety & Security
Buildings, Construction & Maintenance
Sensing and Productivity Solutions
Industrial Process Control
Efficiency, Energy & Utilities
Automotive & Transportation
Oil & Gas Refining, Petrochemicals & Biofuels
Healthcare & Medical
Chemicals and Specialty Materials
Fire Protection & First Responder