MINNEAPOLIS, June 1, 2016 –Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced a new release of its leading building management system, Enterprise Buildings Integrator (EBI). EBI R500 leverages the connectivity of today’s buildings to help make them strategic assets to organizations. The new features help facility managers better streamline management and decision-making, promoting improved business efficiencies and providing greater control over operations.
EBI R500 improves facility managers’ ability to turn building data into actionable insights to deliver real outcomes in real time. New features include:
• Increased data point capacity
– EBI performance improvements have increased point capacity by 200 percent, helping increase overall building connectivity while reducing IT costs with fewer EBI servers required. Facility managers can gain more granular levels of building data such as room temperatures, humidity levels, air quality, access control points and video surveillance feeds.
• Enhanced IT Compliance
– EBI is now compatible with the latest Microsoft Windows® operating system and Windows 2012 Server, promoting up-to-date IT compliance and security.
• Cloud and Mobile Connectivity
– EBI features a new mobile application that provides facility managers with greater situational awareness of building performance and operations. Facility managers can now receive push notifications to their smartphones and tablet devices on possible building system and equipment issues before system failures or disruptions to the organization’s operation. The mobile app also allows for remote access to and management of building systems and data. Additionally, EBI is cloud enabled and can connect with a range of Honeywell cloud services, some of which analyze facility data and facilitate decisions on improving building performance and reducing energy costs.
“Buildings don’t have to be depreciating assets. With the right building management system in place, organizations can transform their buildings into intelligent contributors to organizational missions,” said John Rajchert, president, Honeywell Building Solutions. “The latest EBI features arm organizations with tools to help turn complex data into real-time business outcomes that can mean reduced operating costs, better occupant experiences and improved occupant safety.”
Honeywell EBI is an award-winning building management system that facilitates the integration of systems relating to security, comfort, life safety and energy control, among other functions. It gives users a single point of access and consistent view of information and resources through a seamless “Integration of Things” that enhances a user’s ability to monitor, manage and protect a facility, campus or multi-site operation.
In addition, EBI communicates with industry-leading open protocols like BACNet®, OPC®and LonWorks®, which helps customers integrate with third-party software and hardware and benefit from the scalability and flexibility that come with an interoperable architecture.
More than 25,000 EBI systems have been deployed in more than 160 countries over the last decade. Current customers can easily migrate to the latest release, providing them with the new functionality, as well as continued returns on their investment.
For more information, visit www.ebi.honeywell.com
or follow HoneywellBuild on Twitter.