Honeywell Establishes COVID Care Centers Across Five States
- COVID care centers for non-critical patients established in Pune, Pune, Gurugram and Nainital
- Fully-equipped COVID critical care centers will open in Mumbai and Bengaluru
June 1, 2021
BENGALURU, May 21, 2021 -- Honeywell (Nasdaq: HON) today announced that it is establishing COVID care centers and COVID critical care centers across five states in India. The company has partnered with the governments of Maharashtra, Delhi, Haryana, Karnataka, and Uttarakhand to help address the ongoing pandemic.
Honeywell is also donating 1,000 oxygen concentrators, 50 ventilators, 10,000 N95 respirators, and 2,500 personal protective equipment (PPE) kits to various government and private hospitals.
“Honeywell is committed to helping the country deal with this humanitarian crisis and has pledged $3M since the start of the pandemic for COVID relief,” said Dr Akshay Bellare, President, Honeywell India.
“We are partnering with state and local governments to enhance healthcare capacities across multiple states, including setting up COVID care centers and critical care centers. We are also donating essential medical supplies such as oxygen concentrators, ventilators, N95 respirators, and PPE kits,” he added.
In the first phase, Honeywell has engaged Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS), a leading not-for-profit organization, to build COVID care centers, which are being handed over to the government to operate and maintain.
These COVID care centers are equipped with beds, oxygen supply, PPE kits, medical consumables, and basic medical infrastructure to treat non-critical patients.
Honeywell and SEEDS have set up 20-bed COVID care centers in Delhi, Pune, Gurugram, and Nainital.
- The Delhi center is located at the Aggarwal Dharmshala in Kirari. This center is affiliated to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital, and managed by the New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC).
- The Pune center, managed by Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), has been established at the Employees State Insurance Corporation Hospital in Bibwewadi. Another center is also planned at the Rajiv Gandhi Hospital in Yerawada.
- The Gurugram center at the Bharat Bhagya Vidhaata Hospital is managed by the city administration.
- In Nainital, the center is housed within the T.B. Sanatorium at Bhowali.
In the second phase, Honeywell is setting up COVID critical care centers in Bengaluru and Mumbai in partnership with the state governments of Karnataka and Maharashtra respectively. These centers will be equipped with Fowler beds, class I ventilators, defibrillators, multipara monitors, X-ray machines, bipap machines and all the equipment necessary to treat critical COVID-19 patients.
- The Bengaluru critical care center is located at Bowring Hospital, Shivaji Nagar.
- The Mumbai critical care center is located at the Jumbo Facility Hospital in Kandarpada, Dahisar West.
As a committed corporate citizen, Honeywell has extended support to communities across the globe, including India, to address the pandemic and provide relief.
About Honeywell India
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry-specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. All of Honeywell’s global businesses have a strong legacy in India, built over the last eight decades. Honeywell’s India commitment is evident in three state-of-the-art manufacturing and engineering operations, and four global centers of excellence for technology development and innovation. Honeywell employs ~13,000 people across different locations including Bengaluru, Chennai, Dehradun, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Madurai, and Pune.