SMITHFIELD, R.I., USA
February 19, 2014 Honeywell Safety Products announced the 2014 open enrollment schedule, featuring Miller® fall prevention and protection training. This comprehensive offering of fall prevention and protection classes is part of the Honeywell Safety Institute, an initiative aimed at providing educational tools, resources, and training programs that inspire workers to implement good safety practices in industries around the globe.The 2014 open enrollment schedule includes courses in more than 30 cities throughout the U.S. and Canada, as well as courses at state-of-the-art Honeywell training facilities in Franklin, PA, and Houston, TX, which feature catwalks, climbing towers, confined space simulators, wind simulators and other equipment to protect from hazardous environments in a range of industries. "Training is an integral part of our Total Solution in fall protection, since no fallprotection equipment regardless of how effective can save an employee who is not trained in its use. To meet this crucial requirement, Miller Training provides the knowledge and skillsnecessary to achieve a safer, more productive work environment," said Lisa Burns, US technical training and operations manager, Honeywell Safety Products.All open enrollment training courses feature experienced instructors, live demonstrations and hands-on training. Course goals include enabling employees working at heights to recognizefall hazards, evaluate the risk posed by each hazard, and control the hazard through preventive or protective measures. The sessions are further customized by location to address site-specific variables and performance requirements of fall prevention and protection.Topics include:
- At-Height Training, including Fall Protection Rescue, Advanced Fall Protection Rescue, and Competent Tower Climber
- Competent Person Training
- Fall Protection Inspection Training
- Confined Space Training, including Confined Space & Confined Space Entry, and Confined Space Rescue
- OSHA Training, including Construction, General Industry, and Residential Fall Protection training
- Train the Trainer, including Fall Protection Train the Trainer, Wind Energy Train the Trainer, and Confined Space Train the Trainer
- Wind Energy Training, including Basic Height Safety and Competent Climber
- DOT Hazmat Training
- First Aid, CPR & AED Training
Honeywell Safety Products also offers:
On-site and contract training, allowing instructors to work with employees in their own environments. Visit https://www.millerfallprotection.com/training/on-sitetraining/on-site-contract-training#RFQ to request a quote.
- Online courses such as Fall Protection Orientation, Fall Protection Orientation II, and Fall Protection Competent Person Refresher, available at https://www.millerfallprotection.com/training/training/on-line-training. For more information, download the 2014 Open Training Schedule from https://www.millerfallprotection.com/pdfs/2014TrainingSchedule-web.pdf. Or, visit the Miller Fall Protection Training website www.millerfalltraining.com.
- The website's new Online Booking Tool enables users to review and reserve available courses with a few simple clicks. High resolution images of Honeywell Safety Institute training are available for download from http://honeywell.northplains.com/invitee_view/collection/?urltoken=823ee67b-beb7-4e39- a03e-03184bc6f9e0.
About Honeywell Safety ProductsHoneywell Safety Products (HSP), a global manufacturer of leading personal protective equipment (PPE) and provider of safety solutions, helps company employees make safer decisions on theirown and build an enduring culture of safety. With world class brands such as Honeywell®, Uvex®, North®, Howard Leight®, Miller®, Fibre-Metal® and Servus®, HSP offers a full range of quality PPE, including: protective clothing; fall and hearing protection products; solutions that protect hands, head, feet, eyes and face; along with respiratory, welding, first-aid, lockout/tagout and traffic safety equipment. Lead them to safetyvisit www.honeywellsafety.com/culture to learn moreAbout HoneywellHoneywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.This release contains certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.###