Honeywell focusing on aftermarket to help operators improve efficiency, maximise passenger experience and extend fleet life cycles
GENEVA, May 20, 2014
— Honeywell Aerospace
is highlighting the latest retrofits, modifications, upgrades and services designed to help operators maximise their aircraft investments at the 2014 European Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition in Geneva, Switzerland. As operators look to extend the life cycle, availability and value of their current fleets, meet new mandates, and deliver improved passenger experience, several updates to Honeywell’s portfolio of satellite connectivity, avionics and cabin management systems
will be a timely focus at the show. Latest updates being highlighted at the show include:
Retrofits and Upgrades
- Turkey-based business jet and operations provider MNG Jet has completed the Supplemental Type Certification (STC) for Honeywell’s Aspire 200 and AMT-700 high-gain SATCOM antenna for the Bombardier Challenger 300. With the STC in place it is easy for Challenger 300 operators to upgrade their aircraft to deliver high-quality SwiftBroadband voice and data connectivity to the cabin.
- Honeywell’s AMT-50 high-gain SATCOM antenna is now certified for retrofit on the Dassault Falcon 900, 2000 and 7X, bringing customers an easy-to-install upgrade that delivers multichannel, Inmarsat-approved full hemispherical coverage.
Focusing on services and support at EBACE2014
- Operators of Honeywell’s legacy Ovation C-Series Cabin Management System (CMS) will now be able to add many of the digital capabilities of Honeywell’s Ovation Select CMS to meet the expectations of today’s business traveller through a new upgrade offering. With the Ovation upgrade, operators can integrate specific components from the current Ovation Select system to enhance entertainment with capabilities including high-definition video and full-cabin remote control via passengers’ personal electronic devices.
- Honeywell’s Future Air Navigation System 1/A+ solution for the business and general aviation retrofit market is available for certification. The solution takes advantage of datalink communication functionality to allow an aircraft and air traffic control to communicate via data messages rather than voice in remote and oceanic airspaces. This means more aircraft can safely and efficiently utilise a given volume of airspace.
- Honeywell and Dassault have announced the Falcon Elite II flight deck, for Falcon 900C and Falcon 900EX aircraft equipped with pre-EASy flight decks, with EASA certification on track and expected in Q4 2014. The retrofit upgrade can bring operators functionality including Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast, Future Air Navigation System and Controller Pilot Data Link Communication functionality to support new mandates and improve flight efficiency.
As well as learning about Honeywell’s Global Data Center and flight support services, visitors to the company’s EBACE2014 booth will also be able to find out about its aftermarket care programs that provide operators with peace of mind and more predictable maintenance costs.Being promoted will be a new Honeywell Avionics Protection Plan (HAPP) Gold tier, an extension of the current HAPP plan that provides customers with counter-to-counter coverage for aircraft on ground (AOG), reduced times in AOG situations, Saturday deliveries, road services teams and AOG expedite fees. The new HAPP tier provides Honeywell customers with premium protection and support to help them maximise fleet availability and lower costs.“Across the industry operators are focusing on extending the life and capability of their existing fleets,” said Julie de Cevins, vice president of Business and General Aviation, EMEA, Honeywell Aerospace. “That is why at this year’s EBACE we are focusing heavily on aftermarket upgrades in SATCOM, cabin management and avionics that help increase fleet value, improve efficiency and reduce costs, while helping operators meet increasingly stringent mandates.”Honeywell is showcasing its complete line of business aviation offerings at EBACE2014 in Geneva, May 20–22, at booth # 6622.
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit
or follow us at
on Twitter.Honeywell (
) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit