HOUSTON, Feb. 10, 2015:
) Process Solutions (HPS) today announced its new
UniSim® Competency Suite?
, which improves operator competency and helps prepare them faster through realistic training experiences for console and field operators in the process industries.
Leveraging more than 30 years of experience in process simulation and operator training, Honeywell's new suite of simulation software offers an integrated, robust training experience that will help industrial facilities address a growing shortage of trained operators.
"In the near future, many operators at industrial plants in developed countries will retire, while process industries in emerging economies will continue to face the challenge of critical skill shortages," said Ali Raza, vice president and general manager for Honeywell Process Solutions' Advanced Solutions business. "The expanded UniSim Competency Suite helps our customers train its workforce faster in a more realistic environment to drive safe, incident-free, efficient startups and ongoing operations."
The UniSim Competency suite features proven simulation models as well as new technologies including:
- UniSim® Operations: Operator Training Simulator (OTS), a dynamic plant simulation system that allows users to accelerate knowledge transfer by consolidating an entire lifetime of experience into a concise process training curriculum; features realistic process, control and safety systems modeling
- UniSim® Curriculum: Customizable competency model that aligns and assists in improving critical requisite skills and behaviors; tracks operator progress; built from Abnormal Situation Management Consortium's research into operator competency to help businesses define, deploy and manage a structured competency program
- UniSim® Tutor: Knowledge capture and propagation tool; provides a repository for domain knowledge and experiences; teaches and evaluates "what if" reflexes and diagnostic abilities
- UniSim® Field View: Interactive, navigable, panoramic view for realistic field operator training; uses actual facility photographs and extends UniSim Operations simulator training to include field operators
- UniSim® 3D Connect: UniSim Operations simulator integration and connectivity to 3D virtual environment; provides credible and realistic experiences for field operator
"Industrial plant owners and operators around the world recognize how simulation technology can help them achieve a significant competitive advantage in today's demanding global environment," said John Roffel, Operator Competency product director for HPS. "This suite provides our customers with the confidence and tools needed for operator competency management."
Learn more about Honeywell's UniSim Competency Suite at
# # #
Honeywell Process Solutions (
) is a pioneer in automation control, instrumentation and services for the oil and gas; refining; pulp and paper; industrial power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; biofuels; life sciences; and metals, minerals and mining industries. Process Solutions is part of Honeywell's Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group, which also includes UOP, a leading international supplier and licensor of process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, equipment, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, and gas processing industries.
) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.