New vehicle-mount computer and analytics software solution on display
FORT MILL, S.C., March 23, 2015:
For distribution center operators continually striving to reduce costs and grow their business, Honeywell
's industry-leading line-up of warehouse and distribution center-focused solutions are on display now through March 26 at Chicago's
ProMat Show 2015
, in the Honeywell booth #3563.At the show, Honeywell is featuring several new industry leading solutions, including the Thor™ VM3 vehicle mount computer and Granit™ full-range industrial scanners, along with Honeywell's newest data analytics software solution portfolio, Operational Acuity™. Also on display will be select products from Honeywell's recently acquired Datamax-O'Neil, a leading manufacturer of stationary, portable label and receipt printing solutions.During the show, Jay Blinderman, director of product marketing, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility-Vocollect Solutions, will host a seminar at 2:15 p.m., Wednesday, March 25 in Theater J, on "
Transforming Distribution Center Operations with Next-Generation Solutions
New Thor VM3 Vehicle-Mounted Mobile Computer
Designed for use in the toughest distribution center environments, manufacturing facilities and freight operations, the new Honeywell Thor VM3 is the industry's most capable full-size vehicle-mounted mobile computer. Combining laptop-like simplicity with advanced application performance, the device gives operators the right tools to improve productivity and task accuracy.
New Granit Full-Range Area-Imaging Scanners
- The VM3 offers the best purpose-built device in its class due to its simple and easy system integration, and flexibility to support multiple operating systems. It includes the largest display available in a Windows® CE platform vehicle-mount computer, while equipping operators with the legacy Thor features, including a quick-mount Smart Dock and field-replaceable front panel, to allow greater worker productivity, minimize support costs, and maintain compliance with all IT policies.
- The VM3 offers the latest security and productivity-enhancing features and functionality to maximize efficiencies in activities such as case picking, truck loading, putaway and replenishment. The device will be available April 2015 in the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
- In addition, the Honeywell Thor CV31 vehicle-mount computer, which was announced in November 2014, will also be on display.
New Operational Acuity Software Solution Portfolio
- The Granit 1980i wired and 1981i wireless scanners feature full-range area-imaging technology capable of reading both 1D and 2D barcodes at ranges up to 52 feet (16m) away, supporting maximum operator productivity in the harshest environments.
- Also featured at ProMat 2015 is Operational Acuity, a solution portfolio that enhances worker safety and reduces costs by collecting data, applying analytics, and providing strategic insights for improving operational performance. The portfolio features two initial solutions - Vehicle Performance and Workflow Performance to turn data into simple, actionable and measurable process improvements and cost reductions.
- Bruce Stubbs, director of industry marketing, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility: Only Honeywell can provide a complete suite of hardware and software solutions to empower mobile workers in the distribution center with the information they need to reduce operating costs and grow their business."
- Jay Blinderman, director of product marketing, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility - Vocollect Solutions: We collaborate with our customers and partners to provide uniquely differentiated tools that enable customers to find the best solutions for their business, driving business results throughout their distribution centers and beyond."
Honeywell Scanning & Mobility (HSM) is a leading manufacturer of high-performance image- and laser-based data collection hardware, including rugged mobile computers and bar code scanners, radio frequency identification solutions, voice-enabled workflow and printing solutions. With the broadest product portfolio in the automatic identification and data collection industry, HSM provides data collection hardware for retail, healthcare, distribution centers, direct store delivery, field service and transportation and logistics companies seeking to improve operations and enhance customer service. Additionally, HSM provides advanced software, service and professional solutions that help customers effectively manage data and assets. HSM products are sold worldwide through a network of distributor and reseller partners. For more information on Honeywell Scanning & Mobility, please visit
) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit
.Windows is a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.Thor, Granit, and Operational Acuity are registered trademarks or trademarks of Honeywell International Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.