Home Comfort, Savings And Control Made Simple With Honeywell's Second Generation Lyric Round‚Ñ¢ Wi-Fi Thermostat
July 14, 2016
Apple® HomeKit™* Compatibility Offers Easy, Secure Control Using Siri®
MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Busy lives and the demands of ever-changing schedules have consumers clamoring for products to help them connect to** their homes and simplify their days. Honeywell (NYSE: HON) makes that easier with the new second generation Lyric Round™ Wi-Fi Thermostat, now compatible with Apple HomeKit™*** for control using Siri®, and easy integration into other current smart home ecosystems.
The second generation Lyric™ thermostat features the same sleek aesthetic and intuitive features of the original, such as location-based, customized temperature control. It also can be easily integrated into other current ecosystems, such as Samsung® SmartThings™, and can link to many home products and services that customers choose, including those from Honeywell, such as the Lyric security system.
"The Lyric family continues to grow and improve, giving consumers the ability to be even more comfortable and in control of their homes with just one app," said Jeremy Eaton vice president of Honeywell's Home Comfort business. "Honeywell knows that people are busier than ever, which is why the new Lyric thermostat was designed to suit people's busy lives to keep them comfortable when they are home and save money when they are away."
Key features and updates for the Lyric thermostat and app include:
- Apple HomeKit and Apple Watch® - easily and securely control the Lyric thermostat using Siri, set up special actions, connect to other HomeKit-enabled products in the home via the Lyric app, and even make changes and check multiple thermostats using Apple Watch.
- Customizable Geofencing – consumers can create a custom geofence map and distance, enabling the Lyric thermostat to deliver "comfort when you're home, savings when you're away" with even greater accuracy.
- Smart Alerts – the Lyric thermostat can send reminders about filter changes, warn of extreme temperatures and humidity inside the home, and more.
- Intelligent Comfort Control – to make sure 72 degrees feels like 72 degrees, the Lyric thermostat considers temperature and humidity to maintain comfort, and can also work with your system to adjust in-home humidity levels.
- Custom Shortcuts – create a dynamic heating/cooling schedule, and set up recurring event triggers with a single touch of the thermostat or app.
To learn more about the second generation Lyric Round Wi-Fi thermostat and the entire Lyric product portfolio, please visit http://yourhome.honeywell.com. You can also follow Honeywell on Twitter (http://twitter.com/Honeywell_Home), and connect with us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/HoneywellHome).
* Apple HomeKit requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later.
** According to Honeywell Home Connectivity Survey, July 2015.
*** Remote access for HomeKit-enabled products requires an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) running Apple TV software 7.0 or later, and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later.
About HoneywellHoneywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
|Tammy Benker Swanson||Dan Lantowski|