June 21, 2016
/PRNewswire/ -- To help homeowners avoid the risk of damaging precipitation and flooding, Honeywell (
) is launching the latest in its Lyric™ line of connected home products: the Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector.
"Damage caused by sudden water heater leaks, frozen pipes or a faulty appliance can wreak instant havoc on your home and your wallet," said
, vice president of Honeywell's Home Comfort business. "A burst water pipe can result in thousands of dollars* of damage. We developed a product that could potentially mitigate the damage, stress, and costs many homeowners deal with across the country."
- Keeping tabs on the culprits by monitoring areas where water leaks may occur, such as near water heaters, washing machines, dishwashers, toilets, sump pumps, and under sinks;
- Detecting dampness that can lead to freezing pipes or impending moisture issues through built-in temperature and humidity sensors;
- Installing easily by connecting directly to Wi-Fi and not requiring a hub, making it easy to install and place around the home within minutes;
- Giving homeowners peace of mind while traveling by allowing them to have friends, family members or neighbors monitor their home for water-related issues when they're away; and
- Being reusable – after the Lyric detector has sensed water, it can be reset to continue monitoring for future water and moisture problems.
The Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector is available now for
(MSRP) online and at select retail stores.
According to the America Insurance Association and Insurance Services Office (ISO), a Verisk Analytics Company