Honeywell Garrett Brings Industry Leading Range Of Aftermarket Turbo Technology To Automechanika Frankfurt 2016
October 05, 2018
Industry leader showcases its latest available technology and products covering light vehicle and commercial vehicle applications
Light Vehicle Displays
- VNT TwoStage Turbocharger (GT12 & GT20) Designed for ultimate power density, this series configuration of two variable geometry turbochargers is designed for passenger diesel engines up to 200kW. As original equipment for a BMW 2.0L engine, this turbo helps provide enhanced performance across its operating range. It has low friction bearings on the high pressure stage helping improve throttle response as well as high temperature materials and an optimized design for improved efficiency.
- Third Generation Gasoline Turbocharger With new technology in every sub-system, Honeywell Garrett’s newest gasoline platform has aerodynamic designs which are customizable to various engine and vehicle needs ranging from 40kW to 250kw. This new high-performance, full-function range has been designed for the stringent emissions requirements of Euro 6c, and future CO2 and fuel economy standards. Features enabling this level of performance include updated bearing and sealing systems as well as an advanced wastegate with an electric actuation system in a cost-effective package.
Commercial Vehicle Display
- Serial TwoStage Turbocharger (GT37 & GT47) An innovative custom design for the MAN 15L heavy duty truck engine (MAN TGX D38 EUVI), this application is used with the 520hp, 560hp and 640hp variants. It has been designed for enhanced durability and reduced fuel consumption.
- GTX30 with Ball Bearing Technology (GTX30 76R) This high-powered aftermarket performance turbo is designed for those seeking dependable power for extreme applications such as road racing, auto cross, drifting and rally racing. It has a horsepower rating of 360hp to 640hp with engine displacements ranging from 1.8L to 3.0L. It features a forged and fully machined compressor wheel, improved aerodynamics, dual ball bearing, an oil and water cooled CHRA, and a ported shroud compressor housing to increase surge resistance.
- REMAN VNT Turbo with Rotary Electric Actuation Honeywell’s OEM application for Daimler and Fiat Chrysler 3.0L factory installations on the Mercedes Benz E-Class, M-Class, R-Class and the Jeep Grand Cherokee is available as a remanufactured turbo delivering exceptional value. Honeywell Garrett only uses brand new REA components and original specification replacement parts throughout, while also testing and calibrating every remanufactured turbo to meet original equipment specifications.
About Honeywell Aerospace
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero, @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell is a registered trademark of Honeywell International Inc.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.