- Press & Media
- Honeywell Enhances Search And Rescue And Asset-Tracking Software Solutions To Help Emergency Response Teams Save Lives
Honeywell Enhances Search And Rescue And Asset-Tracking Software Solutions To Help Emergency Response Teams Save Lives
CHARLOTTE, N.C., October 13, 2020 -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced new features to its portfolio of search and rescue software solutions that help countries and emergency response organizations perform rescue operations and track and locate important assets, such as a downed plane or a missing ship.
Honeywell Global Tracking (HGT) has more than 35 years of experience delivering end-to-end search and rescue (SAR) and high-value asset tracking solutions, including satellite ground stations, mission control centers (MCCs), rescue coordination centers (RCCs), satellite modems and airtime solutions.
From combining lower Earth orbit (LEO) and geostationary Earth orbit (GEO) ground station processing to creating a Middle Earth Orbit Search and Rescue (MEOSAR) ground station network, Honeywell has solutions that improve beacon detections and location accuracy.
This year HGT customers can benefit from following software solutions:
- Network Location Processor NLP600 1.0 is a next generation network location processor that leverages the use of the COSPAS SARSAT network. It is the cloud enabled solution in compliance with latest cyber security and data privacy requirements. It features a web-based GUI application with advanced GIS that is accessible by MCC and RCC operators. NLP600 1.0 advantages over standalone MEOLUT ground station include widening the coverage area, improving beacons detections probability and location accuracy at the edge of coverage areas, eliminating the gaps between multiple ground stations, eliminating system anomalies, improving slow and fast-moving beacon detections and localization.
- RCC Software - SARMaster 600 1.4 is an advanced SAR incident management system that integrates multiple online and local data sources such as mapping, weather, incident information, SAR resources, ship and aircraft registries, all in a single control center view. Its flexible architecture supports rapid integration with external systems. The web-based application, which can be hosted securely at the customer data center or on the Honeywell managed cloud, requires no special software on the user’s workstation. It provides RCCs around the world with complete situational awareness in an integrated view.
- Honeywell MEOSAR Digital Beam Former (DBF) Antenna – MEOLUT 3.0 for L-Band Satellites. The new smart antenna is cost-effective with full remote control, monitoring capabilities and dual polarization (tracks Galileo, Glonass, GPS, Beidou (BDS)) with simultaneous LHCP and RHCP reception. With superior MEOLUT performance that exceeds COSPAS-SARSAT specifications and the capability of tracking low elevation satellites with advanced interference cancellation design, the smart antenna improves beacon detection, localization accuracy and widens the coverage area. Full redundant system that is easy to operate and maintain with zero down time during system upgrade and maintenance.
- The GMPT–401 Personal Tracker is an integrated, cost-effective, portable satellite device that leverages global Iridium satellites for tracking, monitoring, and communicating with personnel in remote locations. Rugged and lightweight, with hazardous area certification, it provides location tracking and panic button capability when used alone. When paired with an Android or IOS smartphone it becomes a comprehensive messaging platform when standard means of communications aren’t available and is a powerful tool for helping organizations manage their corporate duty of care requirements. With an interactive SOS feature, users will know that their panic button activation has been received.
HGT delivers reliable and affordable solutions to provide companies with greater visibility and operational control and helps governments and emergency-response teams save lives. These connected solutions are easy to install, maintain and are satellite-based with worldwide coverage. In addition, they are integrated and supported by back-end infrastructure, satellite networking, and signal processing equipment and incident management software.
Supporting dozens of organizations worldwide, Honeywell Global Tracking continues to be a leader in the deployment of systems helping the COSPAS-SARSAT network to save hundreds of lives around the globe each year.
HGT is a global leader in asset tracking and monitoring solutions, understanding the unique challenges involved in tracking remote assets. HGT provides fully integrated Search and Rescue (SAR) solutions based on the international COSPAS-SARSAT standards. The company’s SAR products and solutions have been at the center of Search and Rescue operations around the globe for decades. Currently, the solutions are used by organizations in 33 countries to help save lives by receiving and processing distress data from COSPAS-SARSAT satellites, allowing organizations to pinpoint emergency locations.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry-specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.