- Press & Media
- Honeywell Launches Bluetooth-Enabled Fixed Gas Detector For Commercial, Light Industrial Applications
Honeywell Launches Bluetooth-Enabled Fixed Gas Detector For Commercial, Light Industrial Applications
January 31, 2017
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., Jan. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) announced today a new Bluetooth-enabled fixed gas detector for commercial and light industrial applications, enabling users to easily set up and maintain the device using a simple smartphone app.
The Sensepoint XCL is a wall-mounted device that monitors for hazardous levels of specific gases such as carbon monoxide, ammonia or methane, keeping operations and employees safe. When paired with a smartphone using a downloadable app, Sensepoint allows a single installer to perform commissioning, maintenance and management of the detector without requiring a second worker in a control room. It also simplifies generating system reports needed for regulatory compliance.
"Commercial and industrial businesses rely on gas monitoring technology to keep people safe and operations running smoothly without interruption. Gas detectors that are easy to install, operate and service save time and money," said Duncan Gooch, product manager for Honeywell Industrial Safety. "Controlling the detector from a mobile device not only makes the devices easier to install and maintain, it allows users to quickly and easily produce reports needed to meet safety and environmental regulations."
Honeywell is a global leader in gas detection technology with the broadest range of sensing technologies developed to protect workers and operations from toxic and combustible gases, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other gas hazards. Honeywell gas detectors are used in thousands of commercial buildings, industrial plants, chemical refineries, laboratories, manufacturing plants, power plants, and drilling sites around the world.
The new Sensepoint XCL line of detectors:
- Includes gas-specific models to detect dangerous levels of ammonia, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, nitrogen dioxide, oxygen or flammable gases
- Enables users to wirelessly perform tasks up to 33 feet away for easy set-up and maintenance
- Is recommended for garages, parking areas, hospitals, boiler rooms, fuel stations, commercial kitchens, bus stations, warehouses, battery rooms, high-rise condominiums, loading bays and other commercial-industrial operations
- Offers an intuitive Honeywell Sensepoint XCL app to guide set-up, calibration and testing, and maintenance, and to generate test certificates, maintenance reports and documentation
- Can be installed and calibrated by a single worker
- Works with Honeywell's Touchpoint Plus controller as well as other controllers and building automation systems
Honeywell's gas detectors are part of the company's broad portfolio of industrial safety products and solutions, which include head-to-toe protective gear including hardhats, boots, hearing protection, safety harnesses, respiratory and electrical safety equipment, turnout gear for first responders and protective eye-, hand- and footwear.
For more information about Honeywell Industrial Safety, its products and services, visit our website at http://www.honeywellsafety.com.
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for our customers across the globe. We deliver on this promise through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls. We also manufacture and sell a broad portfolio of footwear for work, play and outdoor activities, including XtraTuf and Muck Boot brand footwear. For more news and information on Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions, please visit http://www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.