- Press & Media
- Honeywell Releases New Firefighter Boot With Adjustable Fit And Comfortable Protection
Honeywell Releases New Firefighter Boot With Adjustable Fit And Comfortable Protection
The Honeywell BT4010 is an economy pull-on boot option, engineered to provide value and quality protection combined with maximum comfort.
February 23, 2021
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 22, 2021 -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON), a leading supplier of protective gear for firefighters and other emergency responders, today announced the BT4010 boot, designed to provide the ultimate combination of rugged and comfortable protection to firefighters.
The BT4010 is Honeywell’s first boot with an adjustable fit. Each pair of boots comes standard with a pair of shims that can be used to configure the boots into three width options. Additional features include:
- Slip-Resistant Outsole: A nitrile-butadiene rubber sole with improved slip resistance for both wet and dry conditions. The diamond structure on the sole waist gives better stability on ladders. Self-cleaning lugs are complemented with a dotted pattern for better surface contact.
- Puncture Resistant Midsole: SWEN-FLEX® PRO black puncture resistant midsole withstands a penetration force of 1200 Newtons and has zero traceability on metal detectors with unmatched flexibility and ultra-lightweight construction.
- Bumper and Safety Toe: Fire resistant rubber covers the entire frontal toe area, incorporating three lateral bumper cleats for extending durability. The frontal toe area also features an impact and corrosion resistant epoxy coated steel toe cap.
- Heel Counter and Lock System: Thermoplastic molded heel counter and foam system provide proper shaping in the heel area, ensuring superior fit, comfort, and durability, reducing lower back and pelvic stress.
- Leather-Reinforced Boot Straps: Leather-reinforced, 1” wide pull-on straps attach to the exterior boot shaft with shield-shaped anchor design. Attached 2” below top line to provide easy hand access for donning without creating difficulty to turnout pants.
- Reflective Piping: Silver reflective trim with Aramid backing and inherent flame retardant property.
- STEDAIR® Reflex Fabric Bootie System: Woven polyester laminated to breathable membrane and nylon knit footwear moisture barrier fabric. All seams are secured with premium Stedfast sealant tape.
- Ladder Shank: Made of steel, with triple reinforcement ridges, and treated with zinc phosphate to prevent corrosion.
Each pair of boots features an adjustable fit and comes with a pair of shims that can be used to configure the boots into three width options. Additional features and benefits include flame-resistant, water repellant leather; liquid protection lining package; nitrile rubber soles to provide electrical hazard protection; textile midsole penetration resistance barrier; and National Fire Protection Association certification.
The Honeywell BT4010 is available now from authorized Honeywell distributors. It is available in three widths, full sizes 6 to 15 and half sizes 7.5 to 12.5.
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for our customers across the globe. We deliver on this promise through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls. For more information, please visit: sps.honeyewell.com.
Honeywell (http://www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry-specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.